let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Comox Valley
Affordable for first time homebuyer or ideal for Investors! Renovated 745 sf, 2 Bed, 1 Bath condo has a bright open plan and a view of the mountains. This fresh space has new kitchen cabinets, counters, fixtures, flooring, trim, paint and more. Plus a washer/dryer combo unit in the suite!! As well as a shared laundry room in the building. There is a 12'x6' covered balcony. Located close to schools and within ...
Unique Loft style 1 Bedroom condo at Courtenay's Riverwalk Centre. Built in 2018 this like-new home is walking distance to the heart of Downtown and all amenities with waterfront Courtenay Marina Park and Airpark at your door. 15' ceilings boast natural light through efficient argon filled 7' windows. Open concept living finished with quartz countertops, tile backsplash, a brushed satin under-mount dual basin...
Immediate possession available. Gorgeous 2 bed 2 bath Rancher! This 7 unit Strata Complex has 3 detached homes & a 4-unit Townhome. The South facing view catches Ocean glimpses through the forest. Westcoast timber elements and contemporary design with an open concept living features tile & engineered hardwood flooring, a cozy gas fireplace and lots of natural light. Kitchen appliances are Italian Bertazzoni. ...
Beautiful Crown Isle patio home in sought after Britannia Place. Situated nicely in a gated community, this East facing home is filled with natural light, offers main level living, 10 ft vaulted ceiling in the living room, double sided gas fireplace, and hardwood flooring. This spacious home has been well maintained, offers several upgrades, and the master ensuite has been recently renovated. With over 2000 s...Listed by RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty (CX)
Amazing Glacier View! Enjoy this private top floor modern townhome. The Master bedroom has a ensuite bath and balcony with southern exposure facing the Mountain range and Glacier views. This open concept living space is modern and clean with a deck off the Living room that soaks up the Morning sun. Pet friendly complex. No rental restrictions. Fantastic central East Courtenay location with many near by amenit...
Great location! Close to shopping, schools and along a main bus route. Large kitchen with oak cabinets. Wood stove in living room, certified. Bathroom has been updated. Good sized laundry room, great closet space and garage has a work shop area. No carpet! Good sized back yard, fenced with lots of light. Come see this bright one level home!Listed by Century 21 Arbutus Realty (CR)
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015